After a couple of weeks trying out this new cleansing liquid that I got in a Japanese supermarket, I'm now ready to write a review. This will be my first time to review a Japanese skin care product if I'm not mistaken.
Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Makeup Remover
Hada Labo is famous for their moisturizing skin care. The Gokujyun lotion which I got together with this cleansing liquid is sold every 4 seconds and they say that 'One Drop Locks Up An Ocean' - Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing range contains Super Hyaluronic Acid that lastingly hydrates and nourishes the skin for smooth, radiant and crystal-clear skin. It creates a moisture locking shield to help preserve skin’s optimum moisture balance.(taken from their website)
This makeup cleansing liquid is said to be for light makeup. It removes traces of makeup but keeps your skin's moisture. It is a water based makeup remover so it is free from mineral oil. Plus, it does not contain any fragrances, alcohol, and colorant.
Swatches and pictures while I'm testing it out to remove different eyeliners.
Because it says it's for light makeup doesn't mean I couldn't use it to remove my long staying eyeliner right? The pictures below shows all the liners I've swatched, and how the cleansing liquid removed it easily - even my very trusty, hard to remove, Kat Von D eyeliner.
|After the first cleansing, only a light mark of the Kat Von D eyeliner was left. I tried applying cleansing liquid again and...|
|Now, it's all clear!^^ No more traces of the eyeliners left!|
- It removes makeup without leaving my skin feeling dry. Foundations, BB creams, and eyeshadows can be removed easily with this product.
- It removes liquid eyeliners pretty well - I applied it twice to remove the Kat Von D eyeliner, click here for the review.
- I find it very easy to use. It comes in a clear bottle with pump and there's no need to use cotton pads with it.
- It has a translucent gel-like texture and does not contain mineral oil, fragrances, alcohol, and colorants which can be harmful to the skin.
- It did not cause acne breakouts on my skin and I did not have any allergies from using it.
- Affordable compared to other cleansing oils I've tried and that a little goes a long way. Probably this bottle will last more than 3 months depending on the usage. I normally use 1-2 pumps per wash.
- The bottle I got has a sticker which indicates the product's ingredients and how to use it in English. I think this would be great since not all can read Japanese words.
What I don't like:
- nothing with regards to the packaging, or the effects of the product. But if you're not from Japan, it's really hard to get hold of (if you don't want to spend almost half the price of this item for the shipping itself).
- can sting if you get product in your eyes. Make sure not to rub it near your eyes!^^
Price & Where to Buy: approx $12 USD at Mitsuwa Supermarket. Amazon probably has this product and you could also get this in other online shops that sells Asian brands.^^
Will I re-purchase this again? Probably yes! but I also want to try the yellow one which is an oil based cleansing liquid. I think I'll be getting that next.
Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤ (5/5)
Stay tuned for more reviews!
Can't make any makeup look posts or tutorials as of the moment...
Please keep dropping by my blog and feel free to post your comments below!^^
Any Questions, Suggestions or Requests - just go to my Contact / PR Inquiries page.